Sunday, June 17, 2012

Join the Revolution! Bon Repas Food Truck

I love food trucks. In this economy it makes perfect sense. Instead of a stationary restaurant that you have to staff with cooks, dishwashers, servers, etc etc., you have a mobile restaurant that can go where your patrons are. Throw in social media sites like facebook and twitter and your patrons can find you. Food trucks are all the rage in the culinary world and they have FINALLY arrived in Lafayette.

With my work schedule being hectic these days, I FINALLY found Bon Repas was going to be out at a night event and my dining companion and I headed over there.

Chris Wadsworth is the owner of Bon Repas, Lafayette's very own wrap food truck. He was outside chatting with patrons as his "wrapoligist" was inside making the wraps. Chris was a very nice guy, taking time to tell us what he's all about and describing each of the tasty sounding wraps to us. You can tell he loves what he's doing and that made me excited to be there.

The wrap menu changes day to day, but if you "like" their page on facebook, He updates his menu pretty much daily. I decided to try the shrimp remoulade and the friend got the ragin cajun. They usually have bread pudding on the menu as well and was a little bummed I didn't get to try it.

My wrap was yummy. The shrimp were on the small side but I figured that was because they would fit better in a portable wrap. However they were fresh and I noticed the "We love gulf coast seafood" sticker on the truck. (YAY!!)My co-conspirator's wrap was the ragin cajun. I didn't think I was going to like it because it has roasted red peppers, but I must admit...I LOVED it. It was so damn tasty! No overpowering red pepper taste.

Bon Repas is great and worth trying out. Great wraps with a super friendly staff. They are out daily at various locations and sometimes night spots as well. If you are curious, find them on facebook. Join the Revolution! Support the local food trucks and buy a wrap today! Bon Repas Wrap truck on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/190/8486/Lafayette/Lafayette-Food-Junkie.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are not in lafayette anymore. Heard they moved to Baton Rouge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an old blog post that somehow got moved up.

    ReplyDelete